Sunday, December 18

After School

Hello, before continuing on the entry I would like to warn you that this post is about K-pop. So bare with me for those who dare to read it.

For those of you who have known me must know that I'm a HUGE fan of After School. After School is a South Korea girl group that was form in 2009 by Pledis Entertainment (one of the most beloved entertainment there are [in my opinion]). When they first debut they tried to have a concept that is similar to the Pussycat Dolls, and thus bringing in the image of sexy, fierce and powerful women on the stage. I was attracted to the group because of the concept itself and I know its not easy to bring that image to the scene where all of the nation prefer something that is cute. When I saw their performance, I was hooked. They have the image of a powerful women and at the same bringing out time the sexy flare within them. They were like my wonder women, for me they hold the image of what every women wants, to be someone who is powerful, have control over your own decision and know that you are worth all the trouble. From that moment on, I have been idolizing them and setting them as my role-model.

They debut with the single "AH!" with 5 member: Kahi, JungAh, Soyoung, Juyeon and Bekah. This is the 1st generation of After School. With the concept of enrolling and graduating, members of After School can easily decide to withdraw from the group if they have found a suitable path for them to go on. They debut on the 15 of January 2009 where there single has been release.

On that same year April 9th, After School release their 2nd single call "Diva". With the new single they have also in-cooperated a new member into their line-up of 5 members, making it 6. U-ie joins the group proving that After School is the only idol group in Korea who have the unique systems of admission and graduation.

October 29th, After School 1st generation member Soyoung decided to withdrew from the group to take up her passion in acting. When the news broke out, there are rumors of 2 new admission to the group. Raina and Nana join the group on the 25th November together with After School third single "Because of you". After School achieve new height with this new single were they have won mutizen award for it.

After School made their comeback on March together with yet another new member, Lizzy. The new single called "Bang". The concept of the album have been greatly influence by the movie Drumline. After School made a buzz in the K-pop scene where all of the member have been practicing drum for 5 months for this comeback.

April 29 marks the release of After School 1st full-length album called Virgin together with a new comer to the group E-Young. "Shampoo" is the promotional song for the album where as "Let's step up" is the intro track for the album. For "Let's step up", After School would performed it with a dance tap routine.

Jun 16, is one of the saddest history in After School calendar where on of the 1st generation of After School decide to graduate. Bekah decided to pursue her dream to become a designer and has released her graduation work, a solo track titled Take Me To The Place.


This is a short synopsis of After School, to tell you the truth I miss the old After School where the bring out the concept of a powerful women. Although they are gaining more popularity nowadays, I still prefer their original concept where most of the people decided not to give them a second glance.

This is only me 2cent, don't really take it to your heart if you have some disagreement of my choice of words. I'm just trying to write what I really thought of them and they still are my favorite group in the K-pop scene.

p/s: to get more info on After School, you can wiki it up. The information are pretty reliable. Some of the info here are taken from wiki e.g the date.

p/s/s: will upload picture and video of After School on the next post.

No comments: